Diocesan Public Policy Committee
PUBLIC POLICY – WHAT IS IT?
As Catholics, we are called to love our neighbor. Our response to those in need can take the form of direct assistance: food, clothing, housing, or provision of appropriate counseling and treatment services. But we are also called to address underlying issues which prevent people from achieving their full potential.
In the Diocese of Rochester, our efforts at advocacy are coordinated by the Diocesan Public Policy Committee (DPPC). The DPPC advises the Bishop on public policy matters, meets with legislators, and works to encourage parish participation in social justice advocacy. We address issues at the local, state, national and international levels.
Click Here to visit the NYS Catholic Conference Website
*Public Policy Weekend*
February 4th & 5th, 2017
Diocesan-Wide Parish-Based Advocacy:
- Physician Assisted Suicide Resources
- Bulletin, Posts & Intercessions
- Presentation with CDR Bulletin Announcements
- Presentation Flyer
- NEW PAS Letter
- NEW PAS Petition
- NEW PAS Petition (Spanish Version)
- Analysis of Medical Aid-in-Dying Act
- PAS Talking Points
- Local Responses to Children and Families in Poverty
Ongoing Education Issues: