Most Holy Name of Jesus Parish
Reports To: Pastor
- To direct and implement a comprehensive two-year Confirmation preparation program.
- To develop, direct and implement a comprehensive youth (8th through 12th grade) and young adult (ages 18-40) ministry program for members of the parish community.
- Oversees the comprehensive sacramental preparation for Confirmation. This includes programming and scheduling, teaching, recruiting and training catechists, identifying and organizing Christian service opportunities, creating/collaborating on local Confirmation retreats, overseeing sacramental record keeping, regularly communicating with parents and teens, and collaborating with other parish ministries. Also oversees planning for Celebration of Confirmation Mass that includes smaller area parishes.
- Develops and directs comprehensive youth ministry for grades 8-12, including regular meetings for both middle school and high school youth, retreats, prayer services, service opportunities, and other events such as Steubenville Youth Conference in collaboration with other Southern Tier parishes. Ensures that the youth formation programs align with the appropriate DOR and USCCB curricula. Recruits and trains volunteer youth ministers.
- Continues to cultivate and develop ministry to young adults within the parish (ages 18-40).
- Collaborates with the Diocesan Department of Evangelization and Catechesis to implement youth involvement in the life of the diocese through participation in diocesan youth conventions, National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) and leadership retreats/workshops.
- Enables youth to assume appropriate roles of service and leadership in the parish through training and advocacy. This includes integrating parish youth in the mainstream of parish life, the liturgical life of the parish, social outreach in conjunction with the many social ministries and membership on committees vital to the life of the parish.
- Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required for the position by participating in on-going professional development, training, workshops and retreats. Participate and successfully complete the Diocese certificate program.
- Participate in the monthly Regional Catechist Meetings to support, share and collaborate with other youth ministers in the Deanery. Successfully incorporate best practices into programs.
- Degree in theology, religious studies or related field and three to five years of experience in a parish setting. Willingness to further his/her education as required.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic Faith Community.
- Knowledge of related fields of psychology, education, sociology and effective communication.
- A working knowledge of the visions set forth by the USCCB.
- Must possess organizational and management skills.
- A knowledge of and appreciation for the values and principles of Vatican II.
Interested Candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to: Fr. Scott Kubinski, Most Holy Name of Jesus Parish, 1010 Davis Street, Elmira, NY 14901.
To apply for this job please visit Fr. Scott Kubinski.