Our Lady of Peace Parish
Part time Secretary/Receptionist 27.5 hrs/wk
The Parish Secretary/Receptionist is responsible to:
- Greet and welcome visitors to the parish office and provide a friendly and welcoming presence on the phone;
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility;
- Provide skilled secretarial services for the parish staff and committees, as needed;
- Input weekly parishioner contributions in Parish Soft program;
- Prepare yearly giving statements for parishioners;
- Schedule all Mass and candle requests and maintain Mass book;
- Acknowledge and record all memorial contributions;
- Prepare weekly intersessions and announcements for Mass;
- Communicate prayer requests to appropriate member of the Prayer Line;
- Complete accurate registration records and process of new parishioner envelopes;
- Maintain accurate parish census records;
- Schedule the use of parish facilities and maintain calendar;
- Collaborate with Pastor, parish staff and volunteers to schedule funerals and funeral receptions;
- Work with staff to secure necessary volunteers;
- Oversee maintenance of office machines and equipment;
- Work with staff to prepare bulletin and minister schedules;
- Attend staff meetings, parish and Diocesan meetings, as appropriate;
- Work with Finance Director to assure compliance with all Diocesan Policies and Procedures.
- Completion of any other duties, tasks or responsibilities as directed by Pastor or Finance Director.
- Practicing Roman Catholic and active in parish;
- Friendly and welcoming personality;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, standard business practices and willingness to learn new software;
- Effective written and oral interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines;
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in routines and job assignments.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com