Diocese of Rochester Elementary Schools
Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, NY Elementary Schools; (Monroe County Area) Per Diem on an as needed basis.
$ 80.00 a day
$ 90.00 a day for long term assignments that exceed 20 days.
Rochester Business Alliance (RBA) Staffing is currently working with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester Schools in the Rochester, NY (Monroe County area) to find qualified and passionate individuals to substitute teach today’s youth for the 2018-2019 school year.
All substitute teaching positions are on a per diem, as needed basis.
- Under the general supervision of building principals, assistant principals and/or their designee, and in as efficiently, safely and completely a manner possible, the substitute teacher provides continuity of quality instruction to students during the absence of the regular teacher.
- Follows, as completely as possible, established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which is assigned and establishes and attempts to achieve classroom goals and objectives developed by the absent teacher.
- Must be willing and able to have teaching capabilities in all areas.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining classroom discipline, not only while delivering curriculum, but also during lunch and recess periods when needed.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students, and community.
- Maintain effective classroom management strategies, address the various learning styles of students, display problem-solving skills, cooperative negotiating skills, initiate conflict resolution strategies; and use classroom instructional time appropriately and wisely.
- In collaboration with school leadership, follow instructional program that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest and abilities of student
- Informs the absent teacher (via written communication) of classroom activities, i.e. work completed, homework assigned, any problems which occurred and methods used to solve them.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Follows NY State Education Department’s regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by school building administrators.
- MUST have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in a related field PLUS 1 year of related childcare experience
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of related childcare/teaching experience- PREFERRED
- Certified Teachers HIGHLY PREFERRED, not required
- Must meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication.
- Must be willing to obtain criminal background check and complete Safe Environment Training
Please contact Kristen Dupree for consideration:
150 State Street, Suite 400
Rochester, NY 14614
P: (585) 256-4636
To apply for this job email your details to Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org