Brighton Region: Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Anne, Our Lady Queen of Peace and St. Thomas More
Collaborates with other staff members to plan, implement and support Faith Formation classes and Sacramental preparation programs for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade from the four parishes of the Brighton region: Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Anne, Our Lady Queen of Peace and St. Thomas More.
- Oversees curriculum development and implementation for grades K through 12, with the help of an Administrative Assistant. Supplies parents and students with a yearly program calendar.
- Coordinates with maintenance staff the proper classroom setup, take-down and cleaning.
- Leads and supervises in-person learning on Sunday and Monday evenings. Coordinates and/or teaches alternative Zoom classes for K-5 and grades 6-12.
- Drafts and maintains the budget of the overall program in conjunction with the Brighton Finance Director.
- Coordinates and maintains a weekly Faith Formation Newsletter and various on-line platforms to maximize learning opportunities for families.
- Recruit, train and coordinate Catechists, volunteers and classroom assistants. Plan periodic Catechist meetings and an annual retreat.
- With the assistance of an Administrative Assistant, purchase program supplies, materials and resources.
Sacramental Preparation and Liturgical Celebrations
- Provide Sacramental preparation retreats, meetings and rehearsals for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation.
- Coordinate supplemental programs to encourage student involvement in parish liturgical events through Holy Week Sonrise Camp, Christmas Eve Nativity play, May crowning, Family Masses and Children’s Liturgy of the Word etc.
Altar Server Training and Picnics
- Recruit and train boys and girls who wish to serve Mass, with occasional supplemental training.
- Encourage community and stability through various appreciation events.
Faith and Family Fun Nights
- Coordinate and implement periodic “family fun nights” to bond parents/families to the Faith Formation Program and the parish community.
- MA in Theology/Religious Studies or related field with experience in teaching of pastoral ministry.
- Active membership in a Roman Catholic faith community and an ability to share one’s personal faith journey.
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a collaborative ministry setting.
- Salary range: $58,500 -$62,500.
- Health insurance and 403b program
Interested candidates must submit a resume
To apply for this job email your details to Mary.email@example.com