You do not have to deal with this alone. The Diocese of Rochester promises:
- To listen with compassion and understanding to your story and to investigate fully
- To provide you with names of advocates, support groups, counselors and individual therapists.
- To give you help with spiritual questions and spiritual guidance
- To protect your privacy
We understand that coming forward with a complaint might be difficult – even frightening. We sincerely want to ease your pain and help you find healing. We’ll also provide a link to non-diocesan people who can help you.
Deborah A. Housel
Victim Assistance Coordinator
(585) 328-3210, ext. 1555, or toll-free 1-800-388-7177, ext. 1555 or email to email@example.com
“The damage caused by sexual abuse of minors [by priests or other church personnel] is devastating and longlasting. We reach out to those who suffer, but especially to the victims of sexual abuse and their families. We apologize to them for the grave harm that has been inflicted upon them, and we offer them our help for the future. In the light of so much suffering, healing and reconciliation are beyond human capacity alone. Only God’s grace, mercy, and forgiveness can lead us forward, trusting Christ’s promise: “for God all things are possible” (Gospel of Matthew 19:26).
– From the Preamble, United States Catholic Bishops—June 2002 “Charter for the Protection of
Children and Young People”
Download and print our brochure in English or in Spanish.