For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.
For news from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, visit https://www.usccb.org/newsroom
All Articles · 2021 · 2020 · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Memorandum: Apostolic Letter “Traditionis Custodes” - Tuesday July 27th, 2021Memorandum: Apostolic Letter "Traditionis Custodes"
- Mass honoring First Responders on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 - Thursday July 15th, 2021Mass honoring First Responders on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11
- Mass for Peace July 26 at 7 p.m. - Thursday July 15th, 2021Mass for Peace July 26 at 7 p.m.
- Statement regarding lifting of state COVID-19 restrictions - Thursday June 17th, 2021The Diocese of Rochester welcomes the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in New York State, a sign of continued progress to end the pandemic and an answer to our prayers. In light of the Governor’s action, the following guidelines have been issued to our parishes: — Masks will not be required at Mass for fully vaccinated people. ...
- Statement: Diocese seeks approval of settlement with insurers - Friday June 11th, 2021The Diocese of Rochester has asked the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to approve a $35 million settlement agreement with certain underwriters at Lloyd’s London, London Market Insurers and Interstate Fire and Casualty Co., which are among the major insurers involved in our bankruptcy case. A hearing has been scheduled for July 9, 2021. We believe this settlement, ...
- You’re Invited: Diocesan Patronal Feast Day Mass June 22, 2021 - Tuesday June 8th, 2021You're Invited: Diocesan Patronal Feast Day Mass June 22, 2021
- Two ordained diocesan priests - Saturday June 5th, 2021Two ordained diocesan priests
- Eucharistic Procession with Solemn Benediction June 5 - Thursday June 3rd, 2021Saturday, June 5, 2021, 2:00 p.m – 3:00 p.m., led by Bishop Matano Please join us on the eve of Corpus Christi, the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, Saturday, June 5, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. The Eucharistic Procession will begin at Christ Our Light Mausoleum and, weather permitting, proceed through areas of Holy ...
- Wedding Recognition Mass is Aug. 29 - Thursday June 3rd, 2021Wedding Recognition Mass is Aug. 29
- Religious Freedom Week 2021 - Tuesday June 1st, 2021Religious Freedom Week 2021