Website Sts Isidore and Maria Torribia Parish
POSITION SUMMARY: The Parish Secretary provides secretarial & clerical support to the Priest, parish staff and various ministries, and committees. Enters sacramental records in parish record book and database prepares and mails sacramental certificates and preforms receptionist duties while serving at the office. Responsible for maintaining and entering transactions & donation records in the database. Answer incoming calls and forwards calls and messages to the appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Assures that all secretarial duties for the pastoral administrator, and other designated staff are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner. Accomplishes this by receiving and placing telephone calls for them, scheduling appointments as requested. Greets and refers visitors to the appropriate ministers, services, or agencies. Assures incoming and outgoing mail is handled properly by opening and distributing mail and assuring outgoing mail is delivered to the mailbox.
- Obtain appropriate baptismal information and forms from parishioner’s and schedule baptisms. Maintain file box and schedule for baptismal classes.
- Enter sacramental record in Parish record books, prepares certificates and mails certificates. Notify other parishes for sacramental records and prepares duplicate certificates as requested. Maintains and updates the Parish membership database.
- Maintain Mass schedule books, schedule request for Masses, mail mass cards, and completes the request for memorial cards.
- Coordinate volunteers. Coordinate the flow of communication between parish departments, groups and parishioners through preparation of memorials, announcements, and preparation of materials and instructions for programs such as RCIA, and other parish activities.
- Prepares materials for ushers, counters, and schedules and supports counting teams including bank deposits, etc.
- Oversees an inventory of office supplies. Orders materials, supplies, or equipment as needed. Oversees the maintenance contracts for the various office machines.
- Coordinates some volunteer programs. May supervise volunteers as needed for office projects. Recruits, orients, trains, and supports volunteers.
- Attends staff meetings, training classes and other meetings as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Good communication skills.
- Secretarial experience. Typing and word processing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to relate well with people by phone or in person.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to accurately record messages and refer visitors or callers.
- General knowledge of the Catholic Church, Catholic Sacraments, Catholic rites and liturgies.
To apply for this job email your details to Peter.Olausson@dor.org