E&C team wins national award
May 31, 2013
Evangelization & catechesis team wins national award
Evangelization and Catechesis team wins
national award for technological innovations in ministry
(May 31, 2013) The staff of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester’s Department of Evangelization and Catechesis has been honored with a national award by the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership, based Washington, D.C. The award was presented at NCCL’s recent Annual Conference in Cleveland.
The E&C team received the Diocesan Award for its multi-faceted initiative Technology for Mission and Ministry.The award highlights and celebrates extraordinary achievement occurring in a diocese in the ministries of evangelization and catechesis and reflects the New Evangelization promulgated by Pope John Paul II.
In its letter to the E&C staff announcing the award, the NCCL noted that “in its deliberations, the Selection Committee affirmed the potential of your program to not only reach far beyond the borders of the Rochester diocese, which it already has, but to be an inspiration to others in connecting evangelization and catechesis for people on their journey of faith regardless of where they are on that journey. Your team, even more so than your initiative, is a source of inspiration. You have reminded us that the challenges facing catechesis today requires a commitment of time, a readiness to learn new things and a willingness to change accepted and familiar ways of doing things.”
Key elements of Technology for Mission and Ministry include:
- An online Learning Center and Virtual Office (http://ec.dor.org)
- Alive in Christ, a catechist formation initiative (hosted on http://ec.dor.org)
- The Spiritual Pilgrim, Evangelization website (http://spiritualpilgrim.dor.org)
- Homelinks, a Family Faith Formation website (http://homelinks.dor.org)
- Forgiven, a website to promote celebration of the Sacrament of Penance (http://forgiven.dor.org)
- Online initial training and re-training for volunteers in Creating a Safe Environment, the diocesan training for abuse prevention.
- Online marriage preparation
- Webinars for professional and ministerial development
For more information about the Department of Evangelization and Catechesis, click here.