When you give to the Catholic Ministries Appeal your gift is joined with thousands of others to enable our diocesan community of faith to:
- Fund ministries that nurture children and teenagers in the Catholic faith and teaches values they'll carry into adulthood.
- Help pay for the proper education of our seminarians on the road to priestly ordination
- Ensure we can help struggling families find their way through economic crisis and back to stability
- Prepare engaged couples for God-centered marriages rooted in the Catholic Church
- Educate and prepare those who wish to become Catholic for the fullness of life in the Church through RCIA
- Enable us to promote Catholic values about the sanctity of all life and make our voice heard in society
- Fund programs that give young adults on college campuses a connection to the Church.
- Provide important services to your parish that it would find difficult to afford on its own
- Support ministries that reach out with the hands and heart of Christ to the aged, the sick, and the imprisoned
- Help fund the crucial work of Catholic Charities, which serves more than 250,000 people annually
All funds raised in the CMA are used for programs, services and ministries. No CMA contributions are used for the settlement of legal cases.
The Diocese of Rochester does not collect a cathedracticum.