For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.All Articles · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Letter from Bishop Matano concerning annulment fees - Thursday June 26th, 2014 Letter from Bishop Matano concerning annulment fees
- Statement on Education Investment Tax Credit - Friday June 20th, 2014 Following is a statement from Richard E. Barnes, executive director of the New York State Catholic Conference: “Along with Catholic school families across the state, we are deeply disappointed and angry at the failure to pass an Education Investment Tax Credit, which would have generated needed scholarships to help families afford parochial schools, yeshivas and ...
- Latest Catholic Schools Newsletter - Monday June 9th, 2014 Diocesan teachers come together to enhance curriculum
- New Life Issues Coordinator - Monday June 2nd, 2014 Suzanne M. Stack has been named Life Issues Coordinator for Catholic Charities of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, effective June 24, 2014. She succeeds Jann Armantrout, who retired in May, and will report to Jack Balinsky, diocesan director of Catholic Charities.
- Maribeth Mancini receives F. Sadlier Dinger Award - Tuesday May 20th, 2014 Maribeth Mancini, director of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester’s Department of Evangelization and Catechesis, has been honored with the prestigious F. Sadlier Dinger Award. The award was presented May 20, 2014, during the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership in St. Louis, Mo.
- Catholic Conference statement regarding Court decision on prayer - Monday May 5th, 2014 Today the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the right of the Town Board in Greece, N.Y., to open its meetings with prayer.
- Deacon information session offered - Thursday April 17th, 2014 DEACON INFORMATION SESSION 1 PM Sunday April 27, Dougherty Hall, St. Mary Church, 95 North Main Street, Canandaigua. We will provide an overview of the 5 year application and formation process and the time commitment involved and answer questions about ongoing ministry.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month: Resources - Tuesday April 8th, 2014 April is Child Abuse Prevention Month: Resources
- Canonization of two Popes - Tuesday April 8th, 2014 The canonizations of Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II April 27 will mark a historic moment for the Catholic Church. To explore the meaning of the lives of these modern-day spiritual heroes, the U.S. Bishops Office for Media Relations asked several persons to reflect on their contributions. Writers include scholars and theologians – ...
- CYO Recognition Ceremony March 12 Postponed Due to Weather - Tuesday March 11th, 2014 Due to the impending winter storm and expected travel issues, the CYO Faith Through Sports Recognition Ceremony scheduled for 7 p.m. tomorrow evening at Sacred Heart Cathedral (March 12) in Rochester is postponed. A new date and time will be announced.
For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.