For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.
For news from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, visit https://www.usccb.org/newsroom
All Articles · 2022 · 2021 · 2020 · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Statement Regarding the Beatification of the Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen - Thursday December 5th, 2019The Diocese of Rochester appreciates the many accomplishments that Archbishop Sheen achieved in his lifetime in proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide through media, thereby bringing the message of Jesus to a vast audience. His legacy in the area of communications made him a prophet in the future use of mass media to ...
- St. Joseph School in Auburn to close in June 2020 - Wednesday November 20th, 2019After years of declining enrollment and accompanying financial difficulties, St. Joseph School in Auburn will close its doors at the end of the school year in June 2020. The request to close the school was jointly made “with sadness and regret” by the pastors and parochial vicars of the Auburn parishes in a letter to The ...
- Information regarding Reorganization - Tuesday September 17th, 2019Information regarding Reorganization
- Prayers requested for Bishop Clark - Tuesday September 3rd, 2019Prayers requested for Bishop Clark
- Diocese officials prepare for implications of CVA window (Catholic Courier) - Monday August 5th, 2019Diocese officials prepare for implications of CVA window (Catholic Courier)
- Asian Heritage Santacruzan and Mass - Wednesday April 17th, 2019Asian Heritage Santacruzan and Mass
- Statement on tragic Notre Dame Cathedral fire - Monday April 15th, 2019Notre Dame Cathedral is a beloved, iconic church that for centuries has been a place and source of inspiration for the faithful. We are deeply saddened by the tragic fire and offer our prayers for the people of Paris, for the safety of firefighters and emergency workers battling the blaze and for all throughout the ...
- Diocese again found in compliance with U.S. bishops’ Charter - Tuesday April 9th, 2019Diocese again found in compliance with U.S. Bishops’ Charter
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month - Tuesday April 9th, 2019Resources for Child Abuse Prevention Month
- DOR Catholic Schools Golf and Games 2019 - Monday April 1st, 2019Enjoy the beauty (and the challenge!) of 18 holes on The Links at Greystone’s rolling greens. Play fun lawn games including Kan Jam, ladder golf, life-size Jenga, island green, corn hole, bocce ball, and more! The Diocese of Rochester Catholic School’s Golf & Games: Benefitting Education Hardship is held to raise funds for students at any of ...