For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.
For news from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, visit https://www.usccb.org/newsroom
All Articles · 2021 · 2020 · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Novena to St. Michael, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Sept. 21-29 - Monday September 13th, 2021Novena to St. Michael, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Sept. 21-29
- Respect Life Mass, Oct. 3 at Sacred Heart Cathedral - Tuesday September 7th, 2021Respect Life Mass, Oct. 3 at Sacred Heart Cathedral
- Letter to the Faithful September 2021 - Monday August 30th, 2021My dear brothers and sisters in Christ: On September 12th of this year it will be two years since the Diocese filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in order to address in the best and fairest manner possible the now approximately 475 claims (this is the number of claims, not ...
- Memorandum: Apostolic Letter “Traditionis Custodes” - Tuesday July 27th, 2021Memorandum: Apostolic Letter "Traditionis Custodes"
- Mass honoring First Responders on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 - Thursday July 15th, 2021Mass honoring First Responders on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11
- Mass for Peace July 26 at 7 p.m. - Thursday July 15th, 2021Mass for Peace July 26 at 7 p.m.
- Statement regarding lifting of state COVID-19 restrictions - Thursday June 17th, 2021The Diocese of Rochester welcomes the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in New York State, a sign of continued progress to end the pandemic and an answer to our prayers. In light of the Governor’s action, the following guidelines have been issued to our parishes: — Masks will not be required at Mass for fully vaccinated people. ...
- Statement: Diocese seeks approval of settlement with insurers - Friday June 11th, 2021The Diocese of Rochester has asked the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to approve a $35 million settlement agreement with certain underwriters at Lloyd’s London, London Market Insurers and Interstate Fire and Casualty Co., which are among the major insurers involved in our bankruptcy case. A hearing has been scheduled for July 9, 2021. We believe this settlement, ...
- You’re Invited: Diocesan Patronal Feast Day Mass June 22, 2021 - Tuesday June 8th, 2021You're Invited: Diocesan Patronal Feast Day Mass June 22, 2021
- Two ordained diocesan priests - Saturday June 5th, 2021Two ordained diocesan priests