For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.All Articles · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Prayers for victims of Florida tragedy - Thursday February 15th, 2018 Bishop Salvatore R. Matano has joined his brother bishops from around the country in praying from the victims and families of the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 people and injured at least 14 others.
- Lent 2018 - Friday February 9th, 2018 The 2018 Lenten season begins on Ash Wednesday, February 14, for Latin-rite Catholics with Easter Sunday on April 1. During Lent, we are asked to devote ourselves to seeking the Lord in prayer and reading Scripture, to service by giving alms, and to sacrifice self-control through fasting. Many know of the tradition of abstaining from meat ...
- Diocese issues flu protocols - Wednesday January 24th, 2018 Due to the recent flu outbreak locally and across the country, the Diocese of Rochester has issued the following protocols to be observed for the celebration of Mass at all faith communities. The guidelines were issued Jan. 24 by Father Paul J. Tomasso, diocesan vicar general and moderator of the curia.
- Celebrating Catholic Schools Week - Friday January 19th, 2018 The Diocese of Rochester Department of Catholic Schools will celebrate Catholic Schools week from January 28 – February 3, 2018 in all 18 schools. This year also marks the 150th Anniversary of the Diocese of Rochester, which will be highlighted throughout the week in class projects and special activities.
- MARCH FOR LIFE Information - Thursday December 21st, 2017 DOR TO DC MARCH FOR LIFE Buses leaving Thursday night, January 18 and returning Friday, January 19 by midnight Mass at the Basilica with Archbishop Chaput, principal celebrant & Bishop Matano, homilist 10 AM Gathering near the Mall to march with Bishop Matano 12:45 PM
- Diocesan Mass for Life Jan. 13 - Monday December 18th, 2017 Friday, January 19, 2018 in Washington, DC. Visit marchforlife.org for more information on the 2018 March for Life. Buses from our diocese leaving from Holy Spirit in Webster/Penfield, Mother of Sorrows in Greece, and Chemung/Schuyler counties.
- 150th Anniversary Celebration: Lessons & Carols Dec. 15 - Tuesday December 5th, 2017 As part of the Diocese of Rochester’s 150th anniversary celebration, Bishop Matano and members of the Diocesan Choir welcome you to a Festival of Advent Lessons & Carols concluding with Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Local Catholics, Lutherans unite in prayer - Monday October 30th, 2017 Commonality rather than conflict was the prevailing theme among Catholics and Lutherans who came together for a special worship service at Sacred Heart Cathedral Oct. 29. The Sunday-evening gathering marked the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation while also highlighting ongoing efforts to build cooperation, understanding and mutual respect between Catholics and Lutherans. “How wonderful it is ...
- Annual Blue Mass Oct. 14 - Friday September 29th, 2017 You are cordially invited to join Bishop Salvatore R. Matano, as we pray, in gratitude, to God for the safety of all the courageous men and women of law enforcement who so selflessly serve and protect our community.
- Joint Lutheran-Catholic Prayer Service - Tuesday September 26th, 2017 You are enthusiastically invited to participate in this historic prayer service presided over by Bishop John Macholz, Bishop of the Up State New York Synod, ELCA and Bishop Salvatore Matano, Bishop of Rochester. The Journey continues but what a great moment to pause and celebrate what has already been accomplished. Please join us.
For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.