For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.
For news from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, visit https://www.usccb.org/newsroom
All Articles · 2021 · 2020 · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Pope Francis: “Rejoice and Be Glad” - Monday April 9th, 2018APOSTOLIC EXHORTATION GAUDETE ET EXSULTATE OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS ON THE CALL TO HOLINESS IN TODAY’S WORLD
- Social Ministry Conference April 26 - Monday April 9th, 2018An invitation to Pastors, Parish Staff, and Parishioners, especially Parish Council members, Religious Education teachers, Youth Group leaders, & Social Ministry Committee members Workshops and discussions on current social concerns including: The Opioid Crisis; Share the Journey; Refugees & Immigrants; Life Issues; Anti-Hunger Advocacy; PLUS: Social Ministry success stories from Diocese of Rochester parishes
- Catholic Medical Conference May 5 - Monday April 9th, 2018The Finger Lakes Guild of the national Catholic Medical Association will present its first conference with speakers and workshops to provide information and support for Catholic medical professionals. The May 5 event at the Rochester Institute of Technology Inn &Conference Center in Henrietta will conclude with the annual White Mass for health-care professionals to be celebrated ...
- Diocesan Day of Penance is March 14 - Monday March 5th, 2018The Catholic Church believes the Sacrament of Penance (sometimes called Reconciliation or Confession) is a graced opportunity for us to celebrate God’s forgiveness. The Sacrament calls us to a true sorrow for the sins we have committed, along with an intention to repair our lives and our relationships with God and our community.
- Prayers for victims of Florida tragedy - Thursday February 15th, 2018Bishop Salvatore R. Matano has joined his brother bishops from around the country in praying from the victims and families of the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 people and injured at least 14 others.
- Lent 2018 - Friday February 9th, 2018The 2018 Lenten season begins on Ash Wednesday, February 14, for Latin-rite Catholics with Easter Sunday on April 1. During Lent, we are asked to devote ourselves to seeking the Lord in prayer and reading Scripture, to service by giving alms, and to sacrifice self-control through fasting. Many know of the tradition of abstaining from meat ...
- Diocese issues flu protocols - Wednesday January 24th, 2018Due to the recent flu outbreak locally and across the country, the Diocese of Rochester has issued the following protocols to be observed for the celebration of Mass at all faith communities. The guidelines were issued Jan. 24 by Father Paul J. Tomasso, diocesan vicar general and moderator of the curia.
- Celebrating Catholic Schools Week - Friday January 19th, 2018The Diocese of Rochester Department of Catholic Schools will celebrate Catholic Schools week from January 28 – February 3, 2018 in all 18 schools. This year also marks the 150th Anniversary of the Diocese of Rochester, which will be highlighted throughout the week in class projects and special activities.