For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.
For news from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, visit https://www.usccb.org/newsroom
All Articles · 2022 · 2021 · 2020 · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Statement on legalization of recreational marijuana - Monday April 5th, 2021Statement on legalization of recreational marijuana
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month - Monday April 5th, 2021April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Bishop Salvatore R. Matano shares an Easter message - Monday March 29th, 2021In a video message to the faithful of the Diocese of Rochester, Bishop Salvatore R. Matano talks about faith, hope and charity, the virtues of Easter that were given to us by God himself. By Jeff Witherow | Catholic Courier Published 03.29.2021 https://catholiccourier.com/videos/bishop-salvatore-r-matano-shares-an-easter-message
- Jack Balinsky Announces Upcoming Retirement - Friday March 19th, 2021Catholic Charities Director Jack Balinsky announces upcoming retirement March 19, 2021 Solemnity of Saint Joseph ‘Tireless in his service to the mission of Catholic Charities’ Jack Balinsky, longtime director of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rochester, has announced his retirement, effective September 1st, 2021. Mr. Balinsky said he made the decision to retire upon the occasion of his 75th ...
- USCCB Statement on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine - Wednesday March 3rd, 2021USCCB Statement on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
- Lenten Guidelines - Tuesday February 16th, 2021LENTEN FASTING & ABSTINENCE – Abstinence Ages 14+ Every Friday during Lent – Fasting Ages 18-59 Ash Wednesday – Good Friday, How do we fast? When fasting, a person is permitted to eat one full meal, as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal. Am I excused from fasting ...
- Ash Wednesday Distribution of Ashes - Wednesday February 10th, 2021Ash Wednesday Distribution of Ashes
- Catholic Schools Week coverage in the Catholic Courier - Wednesday February 10th, 2021Catholic Schools Week coverage in the Catholic Courier
- A Message from the Vocations Office - Wednesday February 3rd, 2021A message from the Vocations Office from Fr. Jones and Fr. VanLieshout.
- Memorandum: Inauguration of President Joseph R. Biden Jr. - Friday January 22nd, 2021I wish to share with you the statement of Archbishop José H. Gomez, President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, on the occasion of the Inauguration of Joseph R. Biden, Jr., as the 46th President of the United States. In union with my brother bishops and all people of good will, we ask ...