For additional articles and the latest news, visit www.catholiccourier.com.
For news from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, visit https://www.usccb.org/newsroom
All Articles · 2022 · 2021 · 2020 · 2019 · 2018 · 2017 · 2016 · 2015 · 2014 · 2013 · 2012 · 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008 · 2007 · 2006 · 2005
- Watch Easter Mass Celebrated by Bishop Matano - Friday April 10th, 2020Live television broadcast on Rochester’s News10NBC (TV Channel 10 and www.whec.com) at 11 a.m. and live-streamed by the Catholic Courier via YouTube at https://youtu.be/5tH9JwUDCTY
- National Prayer on Good Friday - Tuesday April 7th, 2020Join Archbishop Jose Gomez, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and Archbishop of Los Angeles, in a national moment of prayer in the time of the coronavirus. Together as a nation, we will pray the Litany to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and seek our savior’s healing and protection. When? Good Friday, April 10 ...
- Holy Week livestreams in the Diocese of Rochester - Thursday April 2nd, 2020In response to information provided by local and state government and health officials concerning the coronavirus, Masses in the Diocese of Rochester remain suspended. Priests will continue to say private Mass and some diocesan parishes plan to continue livestreaming Holy Week Masses. Here is the list of parishes planning to livestream private Holy Week Masses (we ...
- Letter to Priests and Administrators, Coronavirus Update, April 1, 2020 - Wednesday April 1st, 2020Letter to Priests and Administrators, Coronavirus Update, April 1, 2020
- Bishop Matano to celebrate Holy Week with live stream liturgies - Monday March 30th, 2020Bishop Matano to celebrate Holy Week with live stream liturgies
- MEMORANDUM – Palm Sunday clarification - Friday March 27th, 2020MEMORANDUM - Palm Sunday clarification
- In response to pandemic, pope sets March 27 blessing, indulgence - Thursday March 26th, 2020In response to pandemic, pope sets March 27 blessing, indulgence
- Bishop grants dispensation from Lenten meat abstinence - Saturday March 21st, 2020Bishop grants dispensation from Lenten meat abstinence
- Letter to Priests and Pastoral Administrators - Friday March 20th, 2020Allow me to offer you my prayers and deep gratitude to you and your staffs for your cooperation as we deal with the tragic effects of the Coronavirus Disease and its harsh implications upon our ability to serve the faithful, entailing many sacrifices on the part of all. During this past week you have had ...
- Letter to the Faithful: Response to COVID-19, the Coronavirus Disease - Tuesday March 17th, 2020Yesterday, March 16, 2020, I issued a Statement announcing that all public Masses in our Diocese have been suspended due to the ongoing threats, sickness and deaths created by the Coronavirus. I am united in prayer with all of you, especially the sick, the poor and all suffering personally from the devastating effects of this ...