As Catholics, we are called to love our neighbor. Our response to those in need can take the form of direct assistance: food, clothing, housing, or provision of appropriate counseling and treatment services. But we are also called to address underlying issues which prevent people from achieving their full potential.
In the Diocese of Rochester, our efforts at advocacy are coordinated by the Diocesan Public Policy Committee (DPPC). The DPPC advises the Bishop on public policy matters, meets with legislators, and works to encourage parish participation in social justice advocacy. We address issues at the local, state, national and international levels.
Click Here to visit US Conference of Catholic Bishops/Justice for Immigrants program
- Share the Journey: Love Your Neighbor – Fall 2018 Prayer Pilgrimage Resources
- USA Act Support Letter
- Public Policy Weekend Update
Diocesan-Wide Parish-Based Advocacy:
- Background on The Dream Act of 2017
- CRS Prayer Resource
- Pope Francis 2018 World Day of Peace Message
- Catholic Charities Justice & Peace Staff Contacts
- Abortion Expansion
- Responding to the Opioid Crisis
Ongoing Education Issues: